Minecraft is a sandbox video game created by Swedish game developer Markus Persson and released by Mojang in 2011.
The game allows players to build with a variety of different blocks in a 3D procedurally generated world, requiring creativity from players.
WHAT IS MINECRAFT? IT’S A GAME ABOUT PLACING BLOCKS AND GOING ON ADVENTURES It’s set in infinitely-generated worlds of wide open terrain - icy mountains, swampy bayous, vast pastures and much more - filled with secrets, wonders and peril! There’s no one way to play Minecraft. It’s an open-ended game where players decide what they want to do by themselves! We do offer several modes, though: Creative Mode, where players are given limitless resources to build whatever they can imagine; and Survival Mode, where players must explore the world and mine its resources to feed, house and defend themselves. Or you can join your friends online and make up your own rules!
You can play Minecraft on a variety of platforms - find the one that suits you! Answer questions and complete this quiz to know what type of Minecraft player are you?
Official Minimum Requirements
- CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1
- GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
- HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files
- Java 6 Release 45
Official Recommended Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
- HDD: 1GB
- Latest release of Java 8 from java.com
Minecraft is also available on PS4, PS4 pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS.